Are you an elderly person? Are you in the process of caring for an older family member or friend? If so, you do not have to feel like you are alone. There are many resources that provide a variety of information, guidance, and advice to people in your situation. Sometimes, it can be difficult to make informed and confident decisions when you are caring for a loved one. Instead, you get caught up in the details and begin to make rash decisions that do not always make sense. On this page, you will find credible sources for everything from health care to local organizations and much more. With these in mind, you never again have to worry that you are making a poor decision.
There may come a time when you need to find a reputable nursing home. With so many facilities out there, choosing the right one is not always simple. Here are some of the best:
- Jacksonville Nursing & Rehab – this facility is skilled in helping people find their road to recovery. It is perfect for those who require both short and long term care.
- Signature HealthCARE – with a variety of services and programs, this facility is one of the best in the area. Its modern amenities and top of the line staff help it stand out from the crowd.
- Riverwood Center – since 2003, this facility has been providing the best post-acute care in the state of Florida. It continues to add new services as the years go by.
Nobody wants to visit the hospital, but there are times when you have no choice. Here are three of the best hospitals in Jacksonville and surrounding areas.. These facilities serve local residents, as well as those from other parts of the country who seek the best care. They are able to treat a variety of issues, ranging from simple health concerns to those that require ongoing treatment and care.
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville – known as the central hub of the Baptist Health system, this facility attracts people from all over the region.
- Memorial Hospital Jacksonville – since 1969, this 418-bed hospital has been providing top-notch care to local residents.
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside – a facility that provides world-class service right in your backyard. Despite its local appeal, this facility attracts patients from neighboring states as well.
It does not matter if you are creating an estate plan, thinking about your own funeral, or helping another with this detail, you should keep all your options open. Here is a list of several well-known and reputable funeral homes in and around the Jacksonville area:
Corey-Kerlin Funeral Homes – a long history of being one of the top funeral homes in Jacksonville, this funeral home has served the needs of many people.
Naugle Schnauss Funeral Home and Cremation Services – providing both funeral and cremation services, this establishment can handle all of your wants and needs in a compassionate and timely manner.
Integrity Funeral Homes & Cremations – known for its top of the line facilities, Integrity is one of the best funeral homes in the area. Furthermore, it has a strong reputation for being compassionate and caring throughout the process.
Elderly individuals need to get out and about as often as possible. Fortunately, those in the Jacksonville area can do so thanks to a variety of local organizations. These include but are not limited to:
- Rotary Club of Jacksonville – for more than 100 years, this organization has been giving people a chance to connect while helping the community in a number of ways. Many elderly individuals take part in activities in which they meet new friends and give back to others.
- Knights of Columbus Council 1951 – located in Jacksonville, members of the Knights of Columbus Council 1951 are always able to meet up with others to tell stories and have a good time.
There are a variety of other organizations that get together in Jacksonville. These groups cover many subject matters, with each one offering something special to local residents:
- Northeast Florida Intergroup Services
- Gateway Community Services
- Senior Services
- First Coast YMCA
- Kiwanis Club of Jacksonville
- Kiwanis Club of Jacksonville Beaches
Are You Ready To Complete Your Estate Plan?
We understand that it can be extremely difficult to care for an elderly person. This is why we strive to provide you with the best service possible. If you have any questions, such as those about Medicaid planning or nursing home care, do not hesitate to reach out. We are more than willing to review your situation and help you make the right decisions in the future.