We at The Edwards Law Firm believe that an estate plan is one of the best and most effective ways to protect yourself and your family. And while we believe this year-round, it’s nice to know there’s a month dedicated to this important endeavor – and we are going to celebrate! In honor of National Make-A-Will Month, The Edwards Law Firm is offering a 5% discount* on all Will or Will packages!
To take advantage of this golden opportunity, give us a call at (904) 215-3550 and schedule an August appointment today.
Also in honor of National Make-A-Will Month, here is a special “Top Ten” list of reasons to make an estate plan**:
- Provide for your immediate family. Without a Will, there is no guarantee who will inherit your assets. The Courts will decide. With a Will, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’ve taken care of your loved ones the way you’d like.
- Minimize expenses. With a Will and an accompanying Living Trust, you keep the cost of transferring property to your beneficiaries as low as possible, leaving more money for your loved ones (i.e. you avoid probate).
- Plan for incapacity. A proper estate plan can also protect against the unknowns and pitfalls of mental and physical incapacity. Property Powers of Attorney, Living Wills and Health Care Powers of Attorney enable you to decide in advance about life support and who you trust to handle your affairs if you are unable. This again protects against unwanted Court involvement.
- Spare your loved ones from further grief. You can take the burden off your grieving survivors by planning your funeral arrangements, planning distribution of your assets, and leaving no doubt during a difficult time.
- Preserve your values. The manner in which you leave your assets to your children and grandchildren is a way to pass on your values – and help to teach them financial responsibility.
- Protect your loved ones from creditors. With a Living Trust, you can ensure that what you leave your beneficiaries is protected if they are sued, get divorced, or need government support.
- Protect your loved ones…from themselves. Do you have a young, irresponsible or otherwise insecure beneficiary? Do you have a grandchild whose education you want to secure? Good planning can enable you to support your loved ones without supporting their bad habits or addictions. With an estate plan, you can also make special arrangements for a disabled beneficiary or a minor beneficiary.
- Reduce taxes on your estate. A good estate plan ensures that the maximum goes to your beneficiaries and the minimum to the government.
- Gain some peace of mind. Preparing a complete estate plan allows you the peace of mind to enjoy life to the fullest, knowing that you have made adequate plans to protect not only your future, but that of your loved ones.
- Stand out from the crowd. According to a 2014 poll, an astonishing 51% of Americans age 55 to 64 don’t have a Will. Worse, 62% of those age 45 to 54 – and 67% of women that age – don’t have Wills. The main reason: According to 57% of respondents, they “just haven’t gotten around to making one.”
- BONUS! In honor of National Make-A-Will Month, The Edwards Law Firm is offering a 5% discount*** on all Will or Will packages!
* Available during the month of August only. Also available on upgrade to Living Trust Package. Inclusive of other promotions, including 10% credit for attending Free Educational Seminar.
** A complete estate plan may include a Will, Living Trust, Property Power of Attorney and all of your health care documents, including a Living Will.
*** Inclusive of other promotions, including 10% credit if you also attend one of our 4 Free Educational Seminars in August. Go to our homepage for a list of August seminars.